Access to talent
Luxembourg’s unique pool of multilingual, highly skilled talent provides the key to unlock Europe’s huge and diverse single market.
The country’s multilingual population has native fluency in French and German. Luxembourg is also considered one of the most proficient English-speaking nations in the world, ranking 11th globally (EF English Proficiency Index 2020).
It is not just the population that is multilingual – authorisation procedures, reporting and official communication with public administrations and regulators can all be done in English, besides German and French. Even company bylaws and articles of incorporation can be submitted in English.
A talent pool beyond borders
- The available talent pool extends to the geographic regions around Luxembourg (Germany, France, and Belgium)
- More than 210,000 people commute to Luxembourg every day from these neighbouring regions
- 5 million people live within a 1-hour commute of the capital, providing a reliable source of talent
An English (& multi-lingual) business environment
- English is the common business language (including for regulators, administrations, corporations, accountants, etc.) and the official languages are French, German, and Luxembourgish
- The most multilingual country in Europe: average of 3.6 languages spoken by residents and 84% speak at least 2 languages, allowing Luxembourg based staff to easily communicate with clients all over the world (Eurobarometer)
productive and specialised workforce
Luxembourg is home to more than 180 nationalities, 47.2% of the population are non-Luxembourgers (STATEC 2021).
Luxembourg has a highly-skilled workforce, ranking 1st in knowledge-intensive employment in the world (Global Innovation Index 2021).
2nd highest labour productivity in the European Union (EUROSTAT 2019)
A great place to live for expats
- Number 1 country globally for economy and job security (Expat Insider 2021)
- Top 4 country in the globe for working abroad, considering different aspects from economy and job security to career progression and work-life balance (Expat Insider 2021)
Because of Luxembourg’s international aspect, the professional opportunities arise for everyone, regardless of the nationality.